Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Stand Your Ground!

Just what I needed, another stand!  This makes six!  Does anyone really need six stands?  Probably not but for some of us, we just can't help ourselves.

Yes, I bought another chrome food & beverage cart at Costco ($84) and added three lights from Home Depot ($29.86 each) plus Natural Light T8 bulbs ($35 for 10 bulbs).  I haven't moved anything to the top shelf yet which is why it isn't pictured.

I've been selling quite a few strepts in my gift store and really needed a stand that I could focus growing them on.  These stands come with five (5) shelves but I only put three up so I could get some space between the plant and the light fixtures.  Similar stands growing my miniature violets have four shelves.  I can grow 54 strepts in 4" Oyamas with this configuration.  I sell about 20 - 25 plants a month in the store so I just need to keep up with the rotation so I don't run out!  What you don't see is another stand (with four shelves) that has several hundred starter plants just waiting for their turn at the "Big Stand".

If you need/want a stand - these chrome stands are very economical and work very well.  Give one a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment