Sunday, October 24, 2010

Winter Break - Thank Goodness!

I thought I had another week in me for listing violets on eBay but after pulling, packing and shipping nearly 200 I'm done for the season!  I am physically and mentally exhausted at this point.

Now comes the fun part - cleaning the stands, tossing those varieties that aren't going to be offered next year, tossing any plant that doesn't look perfect and pulling leaves to put down so I have enough plants for everyone next year.

The other benefit to the shipping season ending is I can once again focus on my blog!  Don't forget that I'll be posting pictures of the Texas State Convention when I return on November 7th.

2 comments:

  1. I do love my violets. I've had experience with questionable plants from other sellers. A couple of survivors are not even in the same room with the majority of my plants. My biggest problem with my plants is that, apparently, the leaves are quite tasty to my cats. I go so far as to limit my deli cups to Whole Foods as they are green and clear...lol, and I had to buy nylon cord because I knit with wool. I am trying to get a ride do the convention. If I get there I'll be the one with the walker I can sit down on. Anyway, thanks for the great plants this year. Can't wait for next year. Helane Howlett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helane,

    I do hope you get a chance to come to the convention. I would love to sit and visit with you. My picture is posted so you know who to look for!

    Cat's can sometimes fancy violet leaves. Not sure why. There are a few products (safe) that you can put around your plants to discourage them. Sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't. :)

    ReplyDelete