Friday, June 18, 2010

Hortense's Care Package!

Hortense Pittman and I make it a point to send each other "care packages" a couple times a year just to brighten each others day.  Today it was my turn as I received a care package from her in today's mail!

She has several new varieties that I'll be propagating and making available next year.  I don't have all the descriptions yet but here's who they are:

Jolly Bells - This one was in FULL bloom when it arrived and the small, symmetrical foliage was COVERED (I mean LOUSY) with cute little white bell blossoms with a strong blue center.  Miniature.  This one is going to be very popular.

Jolly Happy Time - Description forthcoming!

Jolly Snow White - I saw this one in November at the Lone Star AVC show in Kerrville, TX.  It's a beautiful pure white (doesn't blush with pink) pansy atop medium green foliage.  Semiminiature.

Jolly Dimple - Description forthcoming!

Jolly Angel - Description forthcoming!

Jolly Jill - Description forthcoming!

Jolly Lavender - Description forthcoming!

She was also kind enough to send me a couple of previous releases that somehow managed to stay out of my collection.

Jolly Daybreak - (10018) 12/06/2008 (H. Pittman) Semidouble creamy white and yellow. Light green, plain. Miniature (TX Hyb) 

Jolly Champ - (9711) 01/15/2007 (H. Pittman) Semidouble-double red pansy. Medium green, quilted, wavy. Semiminiature

I will hurry to make them into beautiful specimen plants so I can photograph them and share them with you.  Hopefully it won't take too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment