Thursday, March 24, 2011

Great Miniatures for Show

I was going to do a "Top 10" but once I started listing varieties it was not possible to limit it to ten.  They are presented in no particular order.

p.s.  Ann-Marie gave me grief for not adding comments on each one like I did the semis so I've come back and added my two-cents!

1.  Cloud Puff (Pittman) - This girl kicks butt.  Seriously...you need to grow it!
2.  Honey Puff (Pittman) - Sweet!  Get it...Honey = Sweet?  Nevermind!
3.  Jolly Orchid (Pittman) - Heaviest blooming plant I've ever seen - no kidding.
4.  Windsome (Pittman) - Look at the picture - nuf said!
5.  Petite Jewel (Pittman) - Definitely a jewel of a plant.
6.  Petite Tart (Pittman) - Don't let the "plain Jane" description fool you.
7.  Rob's Chilly Willy (Robinson) - Really nice - really!
8.  Jolly Diamond (Pittman) - Oh, aren't you growing this one?  Fool!
9.  Petite Blarney (Pittman) - "I don't like girl foliage" - that's what I used to say!
10.  Tamsen (A. E. Adams) - You've probably never grown it...and you should!
11.  Damas (A. E. Adams) - OMG!  Can't believe this one isn't on everyone's shelf!
12.  Precious Red (Pittman) - Hortense's BEST miniature (did I just say that?)
13.  Texas Space Dust (Pittman) - Oh, Hortense's 2nd BEST miniature!
14.  Pink Dove (Sorano) - Overlooked but not overrated.  Grow this one!




















































































5 comments:

  1. Why aren't any of your hybrids on the list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! I photograph a lot of these at shows and they always have stacks of ribbons! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you only sell yours on ebay i love Rose Garden African Violet, but never seem to win at the bidding wars. I am new to the violet world would those have to same care as the rest do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen,

    99% of the time I sell on eBay because I can sell what's available. If you want a Rose Garden, drop me a note at hoovershybrids@gmail.com. I'm sure we can work something out so you don't lose the bidding wars! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen - I'm not feeling the love...you never wrote me!

    ReplyDelete