Friday, April 9, 2010

What's Blooming in the Plant Room? Shirl's Hawaiian Lei

It's unfortunate that Shirley Sanders didn't see how popular this variety would become in just a few short years.  I remember her telling me as the number of hybridizers diminished, "I'm just going to start hybridizing myself!"  Boy did she!  This variety is simply stunning and has been consistently winning top awards since it was released in 2004.

Shirl's Hawaiian Lei (9372) 09/30/2004 (S. Sanders) Single purple pansy/white eye. Variegated medium green and white, heart-shaped. Miniature



2 comments:

  1. It truly is a shame that Shirley can't see how popular this one is. I just bought it so I'm psyched to see how it grows for me.

    Patti (divva) Jacko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully she's allowed to peek now and again!

    ReplyDelete